Thursday, November 02, 2006

VicPick: Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins




I know what you're saying, why am I reviewing a Halloween candy a few days AFTER Halloween? Well, its simple. The only time you can get holiday candy for a huge discount is after the specified holiday. I just got some at Target for 50% off, and I saw some at Walmart for 75% off. So, in the spirit of bargains rather than the holiday, let me suggest Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins.



Growing up, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were always my favorite trick or treat candy (followed closely behind by Kit Kats). I believe that chocolate and peanut butter are proof that God loves us.


During the Easter season, I would always get excited as Reese's has long made Peanut Butter Eggs, which I find to be more enjoyable as I feel the egg shape is more conducive to the chocolate and peanut butter flavors. The eggs also have a higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio, and are more accessible as they sit on a card board tray, rather than be wrapped in the brown cup wrappings of the regular cups.

Now, I only became aware of them this year, so I am not exactly sure when they were introduced, by Reese's is now apparently making pumpkins for the Halloween season that are very similar in nature to their sister eggs. Like the eggs, they come in a regular size in package trays of six, individually at many drugstore and convenience store check out counters, and smaller snack size bags. If you are big fan the Reese's products, I would run out and get them while they are still in the stores--I know I sure did! And I hope everyone had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: