Wednesday, November 08, 2006

On the road again




The day before Thanksgiving is notorious for being one of the biggest if not the biggest travel day in the country. Although gas prices are down and airline ticket costs are not expected to be much higher than normal for this time of year, it is always best to save as much as you can on your travel costs so that you can spend more on paying your bills or buying gifts for your family and friends. While I myself am not a frequent flyer, I rely on the Greyhound bus to get me to where I need to go much of the time. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Student Advantage Card gets you 15% off Greyhound tickets (this includes Peter Pan and Bonanza buses) when you buy them online or at the walk-up counter. While on my trip last week, I got a flyer with my bus ticket for a new program Greyhound is offering called Greyhound Road Rewards. This program is limited to ticket purchases made online, but allows you to earn free tickets and discounts every time you book tickets online. Their introductory offer allows you to get 10% off your next online ticket purchase if you register today.

No comments: