Thursday, February 22, 2007

Remembering Britney, as Baby Tries Rehab, One More Time...

I am not now nor have I ever been much of a fan or the former Mousketeer. While you will find some of her songs on my iTunes, that's only because I happened to have a lot of the Now CD compilations. No matter what your like or dislike for Britney, however, it is terribly sad to have to witness the unraveling of a fellow human being in front of everyone's eyes. In tribute, this Friday's VicPick video is of Britney circa 1999, on the Rosie O'Donnell Show, when Brit was about 17. Its hard to believe she was ever that young and innocent--but not that much. Rosie even remarks at one point, "You're a levelheaded young girl and I hope you stay that way and I think you will." At this point, it seems that the most anyone can hope for is for her to get the help she needs and clean herself up so that she can take care of her babies.

No comments: