Monday, January 29, 2007

Some very sad news...

I am extremely saddened to report that after fighting very valiantly to recover from his injury and the complications that resulted from it last May, the beautiful Barbaro was euthanized. It seems that the recent setbacks, particularly one this past weekend, necessitating more surgery, caused the courageous colt to suffer pain and discomfort, and Roy and Gretchen Jackson, his owners, made the decision after he had a difficult night.



"And finally, O MASTER, when my useful strength is gone, do not turn me out to starve or freeze, or sell me to some cruel owner to be slowly tortured or starved to death; but do thou, my MASTER, take my life in the kindest way. And your GOD will reward you here and hereafter. You will not consider me irreverent if I ask this in the name of HIM, who was born in a stable. Amen."

~from "The Horse's Prayer"



No comments: